In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
RACE IS SOLD OUT!!! - Please read all-new Safety Precautions and Timing Instructions below!
The annual Annapolis Run for The Light House provides scenic half-marathon and 5K routes along the trails of Quiet Waters Park and through the beautiful Chesapeake Bay-front community of Hillsmere Shores. This race event is unlike any other in the greater Annapolis area!
All proceeds from the Run for The Light House will benefit The Light House in Annapolis, a well-known public charity working to end the cycle of homelessness and poverty. The race is organized by the Friends of The Light House, Inc., also a public charity, and timing and race management are provided by T3 Race Management.
Blue Heron Pavilion, Quiet Waters Park, Annapolis, MD.
In-Person - Sunday, September 19, 2021
Virtual - Saturday, September 11 - 19, 2021
All participants in the Half Marathon must be at least 12 years old to register, and all participants in the 5K Jogging Joe Shafron Memorial Run must be at least 6 years old to register. Participants in the Half Marathon must be able to complete the course in 3 hours. No headphones. Runners only, no wheels and no strollers. No pets. Timing bib must be worn as directed to be officially scored.
Please note that registrations are limited. Register early to reserve your space today! Registration is available on-line through September 17, 2021, or until we SELL OUT! If the race is not filled by this date, late registration may be available at packet pick-up and race day until it is sold out.
In-Person Race Fee Includes
Commemorative race running shirt
5k - Technical Short Sleeve
Half Marathon - Technical Long Sleeve
Finisher Medal In-person Half Marathon Only / No medals for virtual or 5K
Race support and beverage stations
Timing bib (5k and Half Only)
We are excited to offer a Virtual option for the Half Marathon and 5K. Virtual races are fun and convenient! Run anytime and anywhere - solo or with your team between Saturday, September 11th and Sunday, September 19th.
Here's how the virtual race works:
1. Register for the virtual event.
2. Commemorative T-shirts are available for an additional fee and will be available for pickup at our Saturday, September 18th packet pickup. You may also choose to have your t-shirt mailed to you for a nominal fee. Race swag bags are not available to be shipped.
3. Run your race and submit your results by heading to the Runsignup Results Page by Sunday, September 19th at 11:59 PM Eastern Time. Click Here
4. Post your photos directly to the RunSignup photo page, or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org with your permission to post and we will share them for you on the website and social media.
Virtual race performances are not eligible for the overall event awards.
Packet PickUp - (Half Marathoners and 5K runners Only!) (Walkers: There is NO packet pick-up for you), we look forward to seeing you on race day!
Saturday, September 18, 2021
8:00am - noon
The Light House, 10 Hudson Street, Annapolis, MD 21401
DRIVE THRU Pick-Up
Drive-thru following COVID regulations. There is no mailed race packet option. For in-person participants, packets include BIB and safety pins, race shirt and a swag bag. Limited last-minute registration may also be available at 7:00am on race day (per COVID guidelines). T-shirt sizes are not guaranteed for pick-up on race morning.
Start of Race and Timing- Important Updates!!!
● Start will be a “Rolling Chip” Start
Runners will line up 3 across. Each row will follow at a distance of 6 feet.
Slower runners are asked to start towards the back of the pack.
● This years’ “timing chip” will be attached to the back of your numbered bib. This bib must be worn on the front of your body, above the waist - not in a pocket or on your back.
● IMPORTANT - Prior to the START remain away from the start line so your chip does not get read prematurely. If this happens your time will be incorrect and we can not correct it.
● Be sure to cross the mats under the arch at the start/finish so your times can be correctly recorded.
● Participants in the Half Marathon must be able to complete the course in 3 hours. All participants in each event must be finished by 11:00am.
Safety and Course Information
● The trail in Quiet Waters Park is quite rough in some areas, with tree roots lifting asphalt and places where asphalt is thin or missing. KEEP YOUR EYES ON THE TRAIL!
● There are four water stations throughout the course, some you will pass more than once.
● Medical services are available at the race start/finish, and bikers with two-way radios will be monitoring the racecourse. Police will be assisting with traffic at the entrance to the park where the Half Marathon enters Hillsmere subdivision.
● Bib colors are different for each race – Yellow for Half Marathon and Blue for 5K. Be sure your bibs are visible as course volunteers will be looking for bib colors to direct runners where the Half Marathon and 5K courses diverge. There are also places where trail chalk markings will be in yellow for Half Marathon and blue for 5K.
● Chips are in your bibs. Be sure to cross the mats under the arch at the start/finish so your times can be correctly recorded. PAY SPECIAL ATTENTION: DO NOT COME CLOSE TO OR CROSS THE PAD UNTIL YOU START YOUR RACE.
● At finish, there will be a lane for Half Marathon and one for 5K. Be sure to go to your correct lanes.
● There will be mile/kilometer markers for both races throughout the courses.
Course Guidance for Half Marathon Runners
● The Half Marathon course consists of one complete circuit of the entire Quiet Waters paved trail. After completing the circuit, runners will continue on the trail to the entrance to the park where they will exit into Hillsmere subdivision. After returning to the park from Hillsmere, runners will complete the second circuit of Quiet Waters Park and return to the start/finish. Directional signs and volunteers are placed throughout the course to assist with directions and course turns.
Course Guidance for 5K Runners
● The 5K course consists of one shortened circuit of Quiet Waters Park on the paved trail, with no exit out of the park. Between 3K and 4k, there will be a right-hand turn where the 5K runners turn right and the Half Marathon runners will continue straight. There are directional signs and volunteers at that turn to Assist.
● A second deviation toward the end of the 5K run is very close to the start/finish area, where 5K runners will be directed to the left down the “Compost Trail” where they will run until the sign marking a U-Turn is located. At that point, they will return to the finish line. This short “out and back” is necessary to ensure a full 5 kilometers in the run. Please stay to the left when running down the compost trail to avoid collisions with returning runners. Again, signs and volunteers will assist at each location.
Other Important Safety Announcements!
● All participants in the Half Marathon must be at least 12 years old
● All participants in the 5K must be at least 6 years old
● No headphones
● Runners only, no wheels
● No pets
● Masks are required inside the pavilion.
● Please maintain 6 feet apart while in the pavilion and make every effort to maintain 6 feet apart outside.
● Now more than ever, please pay close attention to your health prior to attending this event. If you have been exposed to COVID-19, or another person with COVID-19, please stay home. If you have cold symptoms, a mild fever, or "just don't feel well," we ask that you please stay home.
The safety of participants, volunteers, sponsors, and staff is of utmost importance to the Annapolis Run for The Light House Committee. We will be following local and state guidelines as they relate to COVID-19. Participants will be informed of any changes to the race as soon as they become aware of such changes. In the event, we are forced to cancel the in-person race due to COVID-19 restrictions all registrants will be automatically switched over to the virtual race option.
● There will be no awards ceremony. We will try to recognize winners in Real-Time. If you leave before receiving your award it will be mailed to you.
● There will be finisher medals for the Half Marathoners only
● Awards will be for the top 3 finishers in various age categories
Parking can be found throughout Quiet Waters Park.
Volunteering at the RACE is so much FUN! Have a student that will need service hours?
There are several volunteer opportunities and we need your help to make this year's RACE a success! SIGN UP CLICK HERE!
Send Us Your Photos!
We love seeing your pre and post-race pictures! You can post them directly to the RunSignup photo page, or email them to email@example.com with your permission to post and we will share them for you on social media. Feel free to share your pictures by tagging @FriendsOfTheLightHouse
In-person race results will be monitored by T3 Race Management and posted to RunSignUp.com.
Virtual race participants will submit results by heading to the RunSignUp.com Results Page by Sunday, September 19th at 11:59 PM Eastern Time.
BREAKFAST Donation Drive - Help fill our Light House Food Pantry with the following healthy breakfast items:
Cereal, Oatmeal, Canned Fruit, Shelf-Stable Milk, Fruit Juice (100% juice)
Donations can be dropped off at packet pick-up or on race day.Weather
Since when has a little rain stopped a group of dedicated runners? The Run for The Light House will be run rain or shine. Unfortunately, no reschedule date is available if cancellation occurs due to extreme weather conditions or other force majeure.
Refunds & Transfers
No refunds or transfers.
For information on sponsorships please visit - https://friendslhs.ejoinme.org/RUN2021
For more information on Friends of The Light House please visit https://friendslhs.org
Thank you for your support of this event!
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.
Like this page and invite your friends on Facebook.
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.